SOD Care: Your New Lawn, SOD Tips, What to Expect, SOD Facts .
Call or text : 214-702-1902
Our SOD is simply the best quality in Texas. We only choose the best SOD from the best SOD farms on the Gulf Coast and Local Farms in North Tejas.
Tilling you lawn is a vital part of having a successful SOD planting. We always use a high powered ready to roar tiller. Our tiller tears up your old lawn and weeds. The tiller tines digging action adds needed oxygen into the soil and promotes good root growth.
Sprinklers and SOD are like two peas in a pod. One goes with the other. We ALWAYS perform a sprinkler check before SOD install begins. We are sprinkler experts. You always get a FREE sprinkler check when you order SOD installation from us. This is a $99 value!
We taper the edges where SOD meets your sidewalk, driveway, or hardscape. This process prevents the SOD from being too high where the mower blade shaves off dirt and grass leaving a bald area along the edges. This takes time to do but it's worth it to us because we care. Who wants balding grass anyway?
We always roll our grass the right way! That is we use a 250lb SOD roller to roll away any air pockets that are trapped under the SOD. This also insures good root to soil contact. Rolling, Rolling on a Lawn!
- SOD is a plant, a perishable produce product that is not guaranteed or warrantied to grow by SODinstall.com or any SOD Farm in Texas. But is 99% successful to grow in North Texas Lawns.
- Bermuda SOD needs plenty of sun to thrive. Bermuda becomes thin and weak in shaded areas.
- St. Augustine SOD does great in the shade, but is a bit more thirsty than Bermuda.
- Zoysia is an Asian grass that has more roots than any grass. The roots also grow deeper making it very drought tolerant.
- Zoysia is the most expensive of the bunch.
- Zoysia is considered to be the most beautiful grass.
- Zoysia was named to commemorate an 18th century Austrian botanist, Karl von Zois.
- Zoysia grass grows very slowly, making it a low maintenance grass.
- One pallet of SOD weighs 2,000lbs!
- One pallet of SOD covers 450 square feet.
- The average SOD delivery is between $90 and $150.
- There are many SOD companies that install poorly grown SOD. We install high quality SOD.
- Many SOD companies are not licensed to work on your sprinklers. We are! License # LI16417
- We give FREE sprinkler checks to our new SOD customers.
- SOD brings up oxygen levels around your home.
- SOD lowers the temperature around your home.
- SOD acts as a dust filter around your home.
Newly Planted SOD Instructions
- You must water your newly planted SOD for at least 10 to 14 days consecutively. Soaking the lawn every time. Best time to water is between 4am and 8am in the summer. In the fall and winter, during the day 8am to noon.
- Do not soak lawn for more than 14 days. A fungus may develop and kill your lawn. Look for mushrooms or black or purple stripes, white looking powder on grass blades or yellow circles. Use a fungicide to kill the fungus and watch your watering. This is a rare occurrence when customers follow the 14 day rule.
- Mow lawn after at least 3 or 4 weeks have passed. Be sure your mowers blade is sharp.
- There will be visible lines where the SOD rolls or SOD squares meet. This is a natural thing. The lines will eventually disappear with time.
- Do not fertilize lawn for at least 3 months. You should feed your grass at least 3 to 4 times a year. Guide lines here.
- Some SOD squares may brown. Keep watering them. Be sure they are getting coverage by your sprinklers or manual watering device. Browning SOD squares is sometimes a natural occurrence. Don't panic. Keep an eye on that area. The areas will more than likely green up with time. Remember it takes 1 year to establish a lawn.
- Keep off the SOD for at least 30 days. Heavy traffic will disturb root growth and possibly ruin the SOD. Keep large dogs off the lawn too. Dogs will sometimes dig up your new SOD.
- Call us to schedule at least 2 to 3 sprinkler checks per year.
- SOD is not perfect, SOD is a natural growing plant. It is not artificial turf. It is an organic plant that must be maintained through the seasons and years.
Why Choose us
for your SOD needs?